Little Family

Little Family

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What I Believe


Throughout the day today I felt prompted to share my testimony, my beliefs, with others. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I feel so blessed, I'm so fortunate to live the life that I am living. Granted, I have trials and troubles but I know that the Lord is with me through them all. Many people go day-to-day without knowing about God, without trusting the benevolence and omnipotence of the Lord. But without that knowledge how can one truly know of themselves? Being aware of the presence of God provides such a sense of peace that even though we dont know exactly what the next step in our life will be we can rest assures knowing there is a greater power looking out for us. How can we know where we came from or where we are going if one doesn't know God? Because I am so sure of my faith I want to share with you, my friends, what I know to be true:
I believe that Jesus Christ lived and died for us. He was given a humble birth and lived a perfect life. He preformed the atonement, was crucified, and was resurrected three days after he died so that we might live again. He would not have done this if He did not love us. And he could have not done it if he were not perfect. Christ is the perfect example, he is our Savior and Redeemer. I know he lives and that the way back to our Father is through him.
I believe that as in days of old we have a true and living prophet on the earth today, namely Thomas S Monson. I believe our church is led and guided by Pres. Monson as he receives direct revelation from the Lord to share with us in these days. I know he was called by God. Throughout the Scriptures there are countless stories of the Lord interacting with his people and his prophets. I know that he interacts with us still today.
I believe that Joseph Smith was also a prophet of God. I know that he was lead to the gold plates and translated the record of the people of the Americas into what we now have as the Book of Mormon. I know that there is no way he could've done this without the help of the Lord.
I believe the Book of Mormon to be the most true book. It is another testament of Christ, a supplement to the Bible, that tells of Jesus' ministry to the Americas after his resurrection and of the people living there in the days of Christ's ministry. I also believe the Bible to be the word of God.
I know that my marriage and our family can be eternal because we were sealed by one who holds the priesthood and who was given the direct authority to preform our marriage ordinance in the temple.
I know that we will live again, with The Father and his son Jesus Christ after we pass from this life and that we will be able to remain a family.
I know the family is ordained of God and that man and woman are commanded to rear children in righteousness.
I know the only way to live in the presence of our Father is to have the saving ordinances performed such as baptism, and confirmation by one with the correct authority.
I know that through the Lord all is possible. With true and unwavering faith he will protect us and bless us.
I urge you to think over and pray to see if what I have said is true. And, if you feel prompted visit our church website: lds.org for a better understanding of what we believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment